Posting date: Jun 19, 2012
Closing date: Jul 20, 2012
Posting #: 1006
Availability: Full time
Position status: Open
Headquartered in Victoria / Vancouver, BC, Canada, with sales offices in Toronto and New York SendtoNews is an innovator in managing and delivering video content for the largest traditional and online newsrooms and publishers throughout North America and Europe. With the global demand for news video exploding, SendtoNews is positioned to be the “go to” source for fast and easy access to content by providing both newsrooms and content generators a simple means of sharing videos and expanding audiences. By leveraging advertising opportunities that have never before been available with our growing access to news video content, SendtoNews is becoming embedded in the value chain and is an integral piece of the long term solution for all constituents. If you want to join an exciting, fast paced company destined for unparalleled growth, SendtoNews might be just what you’ve been looking for.
Working with the development team, the QA Developer will be responsible for creating and maintaining a suite of regression tests to ensure the reliability of the SendtoNews platform. The right candidate will be highly motivated to produce quality work and will be an essential part of scaling the development workflow.
SendtoNews offers employees flexible work hours and the ability to work from anywhere. In return, we depend on our employees to have excellent time management skills and communicate effectively from in or out of our office.
- Manages cross browser, visual testing by an outsourced team
- Develops test plans, test cases, bug reports
- Creates and maintains Selenium test suite
- Manages the promotion of builds and versioning
- Runs load tests
- Completes bug fixes
- Proactively seeks to improve processes and workflow
- Experience with PHP, MySQL
- Proficient with Selenium
- Experience with Git
- Experience with Atlassian suite (Jira, Confluence)
- Superior troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Experience creating deployment workflows that include continuous integration